BOARD MEMBERS WANTED
We are seeking board members who can bring a fresh, enthusiastic and active approach to voluntary work with a small well respected charity.
Seacourt Print Workshop is an artist and printmaking studio facility established in 1981 and situated in Bangor, Co Down, Northern Ireland. Through sustained high-quality, artist-led printmaking activities and programmes for the public, schools, community and well-being groups, Seacourt has established itself as a leading and innovative printmaking community resource. You can find out more about what we do by looking at our website at www.seacourt-ni.org.uk or our Facebook page.
Seacourt is in a positive period of transition with a newly appointed full time Director and an ambitious plan to consolidate and expand services to a wider audience beyond North Down and the Greater Belfast areas, to include Derry/Londonderry, Enniskillen/Omagh and ultimately other areas.
If you have a background in business or public sector work and an interest in promoting and supporting the arts we would like you to consider applying to join Seacourt’s Board of Directors. We need three external Board members with a background in either Finance/Accountancy, Marketing/Promotion or Law/HR/Volunteering to contribute their knowledge, understanding and skills to enrich and enhance our Board as we work to meet the challenges of ensuring good governance and the opportunities that good strategic leadership can bring to our organisation.
To apply please send:
a brief CV outlining relevant business and/or public sector experience to date and your address, contact telephone number(s) and email address;
a brief statement setting out your reasons for wishing to be a board member and the particular skills and experience which you feel you would bring to Seacourt – please also include a statement confirming acceptance of the 7 points listed in the role description.
the names and contact details of 2 referees, one who can comment on your professional competence and one who can comment on your personal qualities. Please note we will only seek references from applicants who we propose to appoint to the Board.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com Please write “Board Member Application” in the subject line.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 12 noon on 31st August 2018. Applications received after this cannot be considered.
If you require any further information or wish to call in to see us and the workshop please contact us via the above email address.
Please note: if you submit an application to join the Board you will be confirming that you:
- have read and understand the role of a member of a charity board, as set out on the Charity Commission website http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/publications/cc3.aspx
- are not subject to any of the following - an undischarged bankruptcy; an unspent conviction for an offence involving deception or dishonesty; a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986; or a removal from trusteeship of a charity by the Court or the Commissioners for misconduct or mismanagement;
- would be available to attend monthly Board meetings, currently on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00pm and to undertake any necessary training in the role of a Board member;
- will, if appointed, apply for and confirm you have basic AccessNI clearance;
- do not have any business or personal relationship with Seacourt or any existing Board member or member of staff;
- are not employed by or working in any capacity for Seacourt Print Workshop;
- understand that the term of office is normally for 3 years but a member can resign at any stage or be removed from office by the Board.